AC gov’t gives lot certificates to 180 indigent families

ANGELES CITY – A total of 180 indigent families from Barangays Malabanias and Margot were awarded their own lot certificates on April 11 and 12, 2022, respectively.

This is part of the efforts being undertaken by the city government under the leadership of Mayor Carmelo “Pogi” Lazatin, Jr. to provide a decent housing and land for urban poor families.  

In Barangay Malabanias, a 1,600-square meter lot owned by the city government has been subdivided among the 30 indigent families, depending on the on-site measurement of their houses, according to Local Urban Poor Affairs and Housing Office Deputy Roque Nava.

Mayor Lazatin personally turned over the certificates to the family-beneficiaries at the Session Hall of Sangguniang Panlungsod. He was with City Councilors Atty. Arvin Suller, Marino Bañola, Raco Del Rosario, and JC Aguas.

“Unti-unti po naisasakatuparan natin yung hangarin nating mabigyan ng sariling tahanan ang ating mga kababayan,” Lazatin said.

Meanwhile, some 150 displaced families from Barangay Margot received their certificates for residential lots in Barangay Sapangbato, donated to the city government by the Belvedere Vista Corporation.

Mayor Lazatin, Jr. also personally handed over the certificates o the first batch of 150 beneficiary-families at the Sangguniang Panlungsod on April 12, 2022.

On December 2021, the Belvedere Vista Corporation donated a total of 3.9 hectares to the city government, as part of its Corporate Social Responsibility, under a Memorandum Agreement with the city.

Under the agreement, each of the affected family will receive a 100-square meter lot.

“We have exhausted all resources as well as efforts in pushing to provide decent housing to the affected families in Margot. Hindi po natin sila pinabayaan. Nakipagtulungan po tayo kina Vice Mayor Vega-Cabigting at mga City Councilors para maisaayos po ang kanilang kalagayan,” Lazatin said.

According to Councilor Atty. Arvin Suller, who was also present during the turn over, this is the first batch of the distribution of certificates to the qualified beneficiaries. The schedule for the succeeding batches will follow suit.

“Ni-raffle na rin po natin para po malinaw at walang lituhan. Bali may mga assigned block and lot na po yung mga lote,” Suller explained.

To recall, the displaced families in Margot also received P7,000 financial assistance from the city government on December 2021, and earlier this 2022, respectively.

Also present during the signing are Vice Mayor Vega-Cabigting, Councilors Marino Bañola,  Dan Lacson, and JC Aguas.

Lazatin also said earlier that he will work hand-in-hand with the Sangguniang Panlungsod led by Vice Mayor Vicenta Vega-Cabigting in providing permanent homes to the underprivileged and finally eradicating informal settling in the city.

Apart from these recent distributions, 3,000 families in Amsic were relocated on-site; and 87 informal settler families in Cutud also received certificates of lot.

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on google
Google+
Share on linkedin
LinkedIn
Share on pinterest
Pinterest