Bayanihan Media Awards National Winner

Comelec, SM malls in CL partner up for registration centers

COMELEC registration in SM City Clark is scheduled on Jan 13 to 14 for Angeles City and Jan 23 to 31 for Mabalacat City residents, located at The Event Center 1.

SM Supermalls and the Commission on Elections (COMELEC) have once again teamed up to provide voters with more registration venues at SM for the 2023 Barangay and SK Elections.

In Central Luzon, COMELEC has opened satellite registration centers at the following SM malls:  SM City Clark (Jan 13-14 for Angeles City and Jan 23-31 for Mabalacat City), SM City San Fernando Downtown (Jan 11-14), SM City Telabastagan (Jan 4-7), SM City Olongapo Central (Jan 12 for PWDS and Jan 16-20 for Olongapo City residents), SM City Tarlac (Jan 12) and SM City Cabanatuan (Jan 23-24).

The schedule in SM City San Fernando Downtown runs from Jan 11 to 14 at the 2nd level of the mall.

This partnership aims to help ease and unburden voter registration traffic in barangays, while providing the public a more convenient, faster and safer way to avail the right to vote. 

Qualified for registration are Filipino citizens of at least 18 years old by the time of the elections, a Filipino resident for at least 1 year, residing in the place in which you intend to register in for at least 6 months.

There are 5 simple steps of the voter registration which include Interview, Verification of records, Checking of application forms, Data encoding and biometrics, and lastly, Oath-taking and acknowledgement receipt.

The list of requirements for Registration, Transfer, and Reactivation is/are: accomplished CEF-1 application and Coronavirus Self Declaration Forms, National ID, Employer’s ID Card, Postal ID, PWD Discount ID, Student ID, Senior Citizen ID, Driver’s License, NBI Clearance, Passport, SSS/GSIS ID, Integrated Bar of the Philippines (IBP) ID, PRC ID, or any other valid ID.

The mall security in SM City Tarlac assists a voter in filling out the forms for a faster, more convenient registration. 

For Change/Correction of Entries, Birth Certificate is needed if record contains erroneous entries; Marriage Contract/Court Order if change of name is by reason of marriage; and/or CENOMAR if change status is from married to single.