CLARK FREEPORT — MILO® is urging kids nationwide to live an active lifestyle whether at home or in school and join the leading breakfast drink sports clinic.
With the pandemic-related restrictions in the past few years, the opportunities for physical activity were also restricted or limited; leaving kids at home and glued to their couches. As steps turned into screen time and physical activity moved online, 84% of Filipino adolescents were shown to be insufficiently active— doing less than 60 minutes of moderate to vigorous physical activity per day.
As MILO® believes in the power of sports and an active lifestyle, the brand challenged Filipino kids from couch to court with the launch of MILO® Active Pilipinas, inviting kids nationwide to live an active lifestyle whether at home or in school. All year long, kids will have access to MILO® sports programs that were designed to help them unlock the champion within.
● MILO® Sports Clinics – Now in its 38th year, the annual MILO Sports Clinics will continue to teach kids the basics of sports like basketball, taekwondo, swimming, and tennis, among others while instilling discipline, confidence, and teamwork.
● MILO® Marathon – After 3 years on halt, the biggest running event in the country is set to return this March 2023. This national event brings together people to get back into sports and help build tomorrow’s champions.
● MILO® Champ Camp – Co-created with the Department of Education (DepEd), the MILO Champ Camp is a nationwide school tour that teaches students the basics of sports without disrupting their classes, since parents also play a role as we teach them proper nutrition. This is one of the widespread efforts to help improve the physical literacy of kids because we believe that active kids are better learners.
● MILO® Home Court – A digital portal launched in partnership with the Philippine Olympic Committee (POC) and the Philippine Sports Commission (PSC) during the pandemic, MILO Home Court will continue to help kids pursue sports even at home by providing video tutorials and online sports classes.
● MILO® Barangay Liga – The much-awaited grassroots basketball tournament will launch in March this year, inviting more than future champions from barangays nationwide to work with their teams in showcasing their skills on the court. Participating moms from the 2022 Barangay Liga share how it helps their kids lessen screen time to make them more active and healthy while learning values such as discipline and social skills.
“Now, more than ever, we see the importance of energizing kids and bringing back active lifestyles through the variety of MILO sports programs that will be made available nationwide. Through these opportunities, we aim to build the champions of tomorrow and instill values learned through sports for future success in life,” said Carlo Sampan, Head of MILO Sports.
Start your Champion journey through MILO Active Pilipinas and share your experience on social media with the hashtag #MILOActivePilipinas. Stay tuned for more updates on the MILO Sports Programs on the official MILO Facebook page or the official MILO website.